Do you think that you are posting often and doing everything right but still not getting enough engagement?
Let’s us first explain what is social media engagement?
An engaged audience = way of your audience interacting with a posts, and profile on social media.
An engagement is what brings you:
Your engaged audience on social media helps you build a community of fans for your brand, helps you to get discovered and the most important – achieve your social media goals. We will mention some steps that can help you be more engaging on your social media platforms.
1. Start by creating unique content
Create original content. If you want your posts to be saved or shared you need to know that creating a content take time and effort, but definitely this is the way to grow your organic following.
Create and Post:
- Content that people would like to save and share
- High – Quality Engaging Content
- Valuable Content
- Promotions and Contests
- Problem – Solving Problem
2. Consistency is the key
Yes, you heard me right. You need to be consistent in order to be seen. More often you post and more often people like your posts or engage with you, you have even more chance to grow and to appear on their feed while they scroll through the news feed. Share content on a regular basis and remember that all those things together will bring faster results specially now with new and updated Instagram algorithm.
3. Initiate conversation with your social media followers
One of the fastest ways to get engagement on social media is to initiate a conversation and build a customer loyalty.
- Find & Join Facebook & LinkedIn Groups focused on specific topics or industries
- Connect with people by DM (Direct Messages). Comment their posts… Start a conversation.
- Build a community. Create a Facebook Group.
4. Focus on creating your personal brand
Fully update & optimize your social media accounts (your bio, highlights, brand name.. ) and show what you want to be known for. Build a reputation.
5. Focus on two platforms for a first time
We advise you to find the best platforms that suit you or your business, master them and then join the other platforms as well.
6. Check your DM-s and create content from it
Check what people are asking you the most. Then create the content and respond to their questions.
7. Create a content calendar
Create a content calendar what to post and when to post. There are plenty apps that you can use. Planoly, Plan, Preview, Buffer, Hootsuite, Later and more.
8. Post Stories
- Practice Video Stories
- Ask Questions (Ask followers about something they care deeply about..)
- Personalize quizzes
- Post a Poll
- Add link where people can get more information
- Add location
- Add hashtags
9. Connect & Collaborate with relevant influencers
Influencers become your brand’s voice. Talk to Influencers from your industry, get to know them.
10. Become an influencer yourself
“Like my page!” approach probably isn’t going to be effective as you’d like.
11. Use Hashtags that are relative to your business
Businesses very often use hashtags and some of them even create their own hashtag and let their audience use it.
12. Organize Giveaways
Organize Giveaway or Contests to boost your brand awareness.
13. Use Animated GIFs
GIF-s are a fastest way to bring someones’ attention on social media.
14. Include an Element of Fun
11. Find a mentor
Think long term and always take notes what’s working and what is not working for you and adjust as necessary.
Be unique, be yourself, everyone else is already taken 🙂
When you post consistently good content to Instagram, you’ll not only improve your engagement but it’s a signal to the algorithm that you’re a quality account!
Your Instagram feed isn’t just based on who you follow, it’s also based on who and what you like.
The more the Instagram algorithm thinks you will “like” that post, the higher it will appear in your feed.
Let us know in the comments below if you found this helpful.